WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small files that some platforms, such as web pages, can install on your computer, smartphone, tablet, smart television, etc., when accessing them. They have a wide variety of potential functions: to store your navigation preferences, collect statistical information, allow certain technical features, and store and retrieve information about the browsing habits or preferences of a user or his/her computer, sometimes to the point of being able to recognise him/her, depending on the information they contain and the way the device is used. A cookie is stored on a computer to personalise and streamline a user’s browsing activity. Cookies play a very important role in improving the user experience of the website.
In other words, a cookie is a fragment of information sent by a website and stored in the user’s browser, so that the website can check the user’s previous activity. A cookie can identify not only a person, but also a combination of computer-browser-user.
Cookies are used to differentiate users and to act differently depending on who they are. One function of cookies is user identification on a website. Users normally identify themselves by entering their credentials on a validation page. Cookies let the server know that the user is already validated or browsing the website; therefore, he/she may be allowed to access services or perform operations that are off-limits to unidentified users.
Why are they important?
- From a technical point of view, they allow websites to function more agilely and adapt to user preferences. For example, they can store the language and currency of the country or detect the device used for access.
- They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyber attacks against the website and its users.
- By using statistical data collected by cookies, media managers can improve the quality and experience of services.
- They help us to optimise the ads we display to users, showing the ones that best match their interests.
SPECIFIC COOKIES THAT MAY BE INSTALLED
The following types of cookies may be installed:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, the website may use:
These types of cookies allow the user to browse through the website or application and use the options or services included in it. For example, monitor traffic and data transmission, identify the session, access restricted parts of the website, remember the elements that make up an order, submit a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during browsing, and store content for the sharing of videos or sound clips.
Cookies that improve performance
These cookies store your preferences for certain tools or services so that you do not have to reconfigure them every time you visit our site; in some cases, they may be provided by third parties. Some examples include: volume adjustment for the audiovisual players, article order preferences, or playback speeds for compatible videos. In the case of electronic commerce, they can store information about your shopping cart.
When you register with our website, cookies are generated that identify you as a registered user and indicate when you have identified yourself on our site. These cookies are used to identify your user account and associated services for easier browsing. They are maintained until you log out of your account, close your browser or turn off your device. These cookies can be used in combination with analytical data to identify your preferences on our site individually.
These cookies allow users to access the service with some general characteristics predefined in their terminals or defined by the users themselves. For example, language, type of browser used to access the service, selected content design, terminal’s geolocation and configuration for the region from which the service is accessed.
These cookies are used by programs that try to geographically locate the connected computer, smartphone, tablet or television to offer you more appropriate content and services in a completely anonymous way.
These cookies make it possible to manage, as efficiently as possible, the advertising spaces that the editor has included in the website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which ads are displayed.
Behaviourally targeted advertising cookies
These cookies make it possible to manage, as efficiently as possible, the advertising spaces that the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. By continuously observing their browsing habits, they store information on users’ behaviour to allow the creation of a specific profile. Based on the latter, ads that could be relevant to the user are displayed, and, as much as possible, ads that the user has already seen are not shown, among other functions.
These types of cookies allow users’ behavior on websites to be monitored and analysed. The information they collect is used to measure website, app or platform activity and to allow the creation of navigation profiles for the users of these sites. The goal is to make improvements to the service based on such usage data.
On some websites, you can install third-party cookies that allow you to manage and improve the services offered.
Depending on how long they last, the cookies used on somosquoters.com may have the following expiry terms:
They store data only while the user accesses the web and expire when the user ends the session.
Related to any personalised service within the site, they expire within twenty-four (24) hours.
They are permanently installed on the browser, storing data on the terminal so it may be accessed and used in more than one session, provided that their use is not disabled.
This website uses both temporary session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies only store data while the user accesses the website, and permanent cookies store data on the terminal so it may be accessed and used in more than one session.
In some cases, if some of these cookies are disabled, you will not be able to correctly receive our content and services. In other instances, the website may continue to function. In any case, please note that by collecting information on website use and the success of the ads we display, these cookies allow us to improve our services and generate income. As a result, we can offer you extensive content for an affordable price.
In compliance with Article 22.2 of the Law on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (LSSE), this website uses the cookies detailed in the list below:
- Cookie: GoogleAnalytics.
- Description: Google Analytics is a free Google web analysis tool that mainly allows website owners to determine how users interact with their website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the site you visit and uses a set of cookies called ‘__utma’ and ‘__utmz’ to collect information anonymously and prepare reports on website trends without identifying individual users. More information on Google Analytics cookies and information about privacy.
- Purpose: Statistical reports on how users find the website, how they use it and whether it works correctly.
- Cookie: Intercom
- Purpose: Statistical reports about how users visit and interact with the website. Direct communication with the users.
- Cookie: Taboola
- Purpose: Personalisation of ad campaigns based on how users visit and interact with the website.HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES IN THE MAIN BROWSERS
The latest browsers allow you to change your cookie permissions. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ section of your browser menu. You can also configure your browser or email manager, or install free add-ons to prevent web bugs from downloading when you open an email.
Through our website, we offer guidance on the steps to access the cookie settings menu and, where appropriate, for private browsing in each of the main browsers.
At any time, the user can choose which cookies he/she wants to run on this website through:
- Adjusting his/her browser settings, for example:
- Chrome, from this link or Settings -> Advanced -> Privacy and security -> Site settings. For more information, please see Google support or the Help section of your browser.
- Explorer, from this link or Tools-> Internet Options -> Privacy-> Settings. For more information, please see Microsoft support or the Help section of your browser.
- Firefox, from this link or Tools -> Options -> Privacy & Security-> History-> Custom Settings. For more information, please see Mozilla support or the Help section of your browser.
- Safari, from this link.
- Opera, from this link.
- Safari, from this link.
- Windows Phone, from this link.
- Safari, from this link.
- the specific opt-out systems indicated in the above table regarding the cookies in question (these systems may lead to the installation of a ‘reject’ cookie so that your choice to disable them will work); or
- other third-party tools, available online, that allow users to detect cookies on every website they visit and disable them (for example, Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement, http://www.ghostery.com/faq).
If you block or refuse the installation of cookies, please note that certain services may not be available without them, or you may be unable to access certain services or take full advantage of everything that our websites and applications offer.
Quoters would like to thank you for accepting cookies, as they help us to obtain more accurate data and improve the content and design of our web pages and applications to adapt them to your preferences.
If you wish to manage your data, you may do so below:
Please identify yourself via e-mail